Monday, February 12, 2018

Inspiring Shaker Card

Hello there.  Take the time to let someone know you're thinking of them by making and sending some snail mail.  Here's a sweet shaker card using Cut Cardstock Linen cardstock.

Here's a snapshot of products I used:

I started by die cutting the Bright White Linen cardstock using the Say It With Florals Die and then stamping the flowers around the framed opening using the coordinating Say It With Florals stamp set.  I wish you could see how wonderful the stamping looks on the textured linen.  I love the look!  Once I was done with the stamping, I adhered a piece of clear acetate to the back of the stamped frame using Score Tape Double Sided Adhesive.

I then cut 5 of the same dies out of the 160# White Cougar cardstock.  This is the perfect cardstock for creating shaker cards because it is thick and sturdy.  Because of it's thickness I had to run these through my machine twice but I got nice clean cuts each time.

I then layered the die cut panels together using Tomow Mono Liquid Glue.  Just look at that depth!  

I heat embossed the sentiment in black onto the Aqua Basis Cardstock.
I then assembled the shaker card, adding sequins to the inside window and adhered the layered panel, using Score Tape Double Sided Adhesive around the edges and more Tombow Mono Liquid Glue around the detailed areas of the die cut.  
 Some pearl gems were added to the centers of the two die cut flowers to finish this card off.
I hope you'll check out the products I used in today's post and take advantage of this month's sale on all Classic Crest  and Linen Cardstock.  Don't forget to add coordinating Basis Envelopes to your shopping cart! 
Aqua - 25 pk

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Blessings~ Birgit

11 comments:

Colleen said...

OMG!! I LOVE this Birgit...what an awesome die...I think I need this!! *wink *wink

Marcia Hill said...

This is so pretty Birgit!! I love the colors you used and what a neat die and how it cuts around the flowers...love it!! FABULOUS card my friend! Hope you're having a wonderful Monday!! :0)

Donna Phelan said...

So FUN, so PRETTY! This is glorious! I just adore Shaker Cards. LOVE your beautiful flowers--how Spring like!!!

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

I had never heard of Pink Fresh until just now. That floral die is amazing and looks so pretty with the matching stamps. Great shaker card, Birgit!

I Card Everyone said...

Gorgeous die... fantastic shaker! Your stack makes it easier than foam, and less tricky to stick! Good for you, Birgit!
=]

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful shaker, that is such a neat die and great with all that depth, perfect lining up, and the flowers are so lovely, like the pearl accenting on the flowers, sweet sentiment

Janice said...

A really pretty shaker card Birgit, I love everything about it!

Kara Lynne said...

Such a beautiful shaker card, Birgit! I love how that die cuts the flower edges so you can really be creative with your stamping. Your layered cs looks amazing and gives such a great finish to the inside of your shaker!

Lisa Elton said...

This is gorgeous! You've done an amazing job on this little masterpiece!

Marybeth said...

What a neat die! Just perfect for a shaker card! Its beautiful, Birgit! So neat that it cuts and outlines.

Sharron said...

Fabulous shaker--your layers are perfect for this! Love the colors!